Saga Host – Benidorm, Spain
Saga Holidays LTD is Britain’s most experienced specialist Tour Operator for holidaymakers who are aged 50 years and over.
SAGA is primarily a direct sell, off-peak tour operator, with a varied programme of holidays. These range from Long-Haul, European and UK (Short Haul) tours, Long Haul, European and UK resort stay, Cruising, Short Break holidays and Special Interests programmes, such as Bridge, Walking, Singles, Archaeology, Art Appreciation, Gardens and Music.
Our field staff will be able to provide an excellent level of service and able to gain customer confidence through knowledge and a genuine concern for their wellbeing and enjoyment of their holiday.
Saga Hosts are responsible for the smooth running of operations, ensuring that customers have an enjoyable and problem free holiday. Saga Hosts must possess a professional approach in order to maintain and reflect a high standard of service and customer care as set out by the Company and will comply with and implement procedures as laid down by Head Office and the Operational Manual. The role of a Saga Host does involve long hours, and being on call 24 hours a day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Your prime duty is one of care. It is implicit throughout your employment that you will act honestly and in good faith at all times, in the interest of the Company, both in taking care of and caring for its customers:
- Meet and greet at airport and airport departures.
- Ensure the programme runs as advertised in the brochure and detailed in the customer itinerary.
- Prepare and deliver welcome meetings.
- Excursion sales
- Guiding of excursions (if applicable).
- Confirming excursion bookings with area coordinator.
- Re-confirm flights for guests.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of coaches.
- Complete HASS, pre-season and end of season reports.
- Liaising with Head Office and resort coordinator weekly on issues that may arise.
- Sales/expenditure accounting.
- Organise and run holiday experience and general activities as required.
- Organise and be present at evening activities as and when specified or when necessary.
- Deal with passenger illness, death, repatriation and liaison with assistance company and Head Office.
- Manage hotel quality, including liaison with hotel managers where necessary.
- Ensure room check-in runs smoothly.
- Resort orientation (familiarising new arrivals with the hotel, its facilities and local area).
- Operate a hospitality desk during morning and evening duty hours.
- Maintain a resort information book and/or noticeboard.
- Encourage completion of the online questionnaires
|Essential Requirements||Desirable Requirements|
Skills & Abilities
|· Ability to work as both a member of a team and as an individual
· Decision making skills
· Ability to liaise with suppliers
· Fluency or good working knowledge of Spanish
· Flexible approach to work
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer skills
|. Negotiation skills
· Accounting skills
· Diplomatic skills
· Presentation skills
· Report writing skills
· Previous work as a Resort Representative
· Customer service experience
Employment terms – Employment dates are initially from 3rd Dec 18 – 30th June 19. Employment will be offered on a Spanish IDC contract with local tax and social security deducted at source. Continued employment will be subject to the needs of the business and depend on customer comment card ratings.
Please e mail your CV to [email protected] to apply for this vacancy or for further details.
Closing date: Friday 30th November