A classic Mojito is made with rum (traditionally white), sugar, lime, mint, ice and soda water, served in a highball glass. The key with this drink is balance: you want to be able to taste each element, with each working in harmony.
Place ice in beverage shaker then add in the rum, 8 broken up mint sprigs, lime juice and sugar. Shake well and serve over ice in a high ball glass. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda.
Garnish each with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint.
- 18 -24 fresh strawberries
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 12 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 limes, wedged
- 24 ounces white rum
- Place 2-3 strawberries, 3 mint sprigs, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a shaker.
- Squeeze 3 lime wedges over glass and then drop in wedges.
- Mash together with a spoon.
- Add ice and rum.
- Cover and shake.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a strawberry.