Not a traditional Spanish Tapas but one of our favourites.
This serves 4 as a tapas dish or something to nibble on with a glass of wine.
- 250g chorizo sausage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Chop the chorizo into 2cm rounds, peeling off any coating skin (chorizo usually comes in with a plasticy type skin that you are not meant to eat. Learnt that one the hard way).
- Saute in olive oil until crisp and golden on both sides.
- Add two crushed garlic cloves, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil.
- Add the honey and vinegar and stir until combined.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced to a nice syrupy consistency and serve immediately, with fresh crusty bread and glass of vino.