Lost and Found at Alicante Airport
Alicante Airport Lost and Found
There is no special dedicated “Lost and Found” desk at Alicante office. Instead lost and found items are handled by an office of the local police ( policia local Elche). The office is located at the arrival area, just to the left of the arriving exit, where incoming passengers arrive.
Please be aware the lost and found office is only dealing with items you lost at the airport building itself, it is NOT dealing with any items you lost on the plane. It is also NOT dealing with any delayed or lost luggage from a flight (see below).
Elche Local Police station/Lost and Found Desk at Alicante airport:
Phone: (34) 966 919 223
Fax: (34) 966 659 218
If you have lost any personal objects at the airport, please follow the next instructions:
- Fill in the attached form describing your belongings, dates, flight number, contact information, etc. and send cia mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should be as precise as possible. The information provided must be detailed enough to unequivocally identify your object. If possible, please attach a picture of the item.
Lost property reclaim form (pdf, 71.51 kB)
- Confirmation. In case of your objects are found, they will contact you and provide a registration number which you should deliver.
- Pick-up. The owner must provide proof of identity (national ID card or passport) and a written authorisation if the person who is picking up the object is not the owner.
Found property service is free of charge and therefore items cannot be shipped. If you are not able to come to the airport, we recommend you to contact a courier service that could deliver your object to you.
Found property office is located in Arrivals area, floor 0.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday (except public holidays), from 8:30 to 14:00.
- Telephone: 966 919 444
- E/mail: email@example.com
- If you left or forgot anything on board a plane, your only contact is the airline itself. In this case, walk up to the departure level of Alicante airport, where you will find desks or representatives of all airlinesor this one for Aena
Telephone: 966 919 444
There are 4 companies that handle luggage. These companies manage all the luggage handling for the airlines that operate in and out of Alicante airport. So if your luggage is lost or damaged then in the first instance you should contact the handling company for your airline
966 919 060 website
- Aer Lingus,
- Air Europa,
- Edelweiss Air,
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
966 919 386 website
Iberia Airport Services
966 919 013 website
They cater for the following airlines:
- Air Algérie,
- Air Nostrum,
- Holidays Czech Airlines,
- Iberia Express,
- S7 Airlines,
- VIM Airlines
Swissport Handling SA
966 919 298 website
They handle baggage for:
- Air Berlin,
- Thomas Cook Belgium,
- Thomas Cook UK,
- Wizz Air
- Wow Airlines.
Once you have collected your bags off the carousel, check them immediately for damage or other signs of tampering or mishandling. Report any damage before leaving the airport; airline customer service agents will need to inspect the bag – airlines won’t cover normal wear and tear.
Go to the baggage carousel when you get off your flight to minimize the potential time for your bag to be stolen. Most airlines scan luggage when they are loaded into the baggage claim area and records are kept especially at very busy airports. If your bag goes missing after you’ve left the baggage claim area, your claim is no longer with the airline, but with the police. Your travel insurance or homeowner’s insurance may cover a stolen suitcase; (check the small print).
Most airlines have ways to track your luggage, and the vast majority of misplaced luggage is returned. If your bags have been placed on the next flight by mistake, you should have them within a few hours. If they’ve been sent to the wrong airport…… it could take a few days.
File your claim immediately whilst at the airport and give the attendant details of where you are staying or your home address, and phone numbers.
The airlines will sometimes bring you your luggage when it is found; you will rarely need to return to the airport to pick it up and some airlines may reimburse any unexpected expenses caused by the loss or delay so keep all your receipts in case they are requested.