Mundomar Theme Park - Benidorm
Mundomar will be re-opening from June 12th
With the express objective of protecting the health of its clients, collaborators and employees, Mundomar has designed an exhaustive protocol that will allow the user to enjoy the fun that Mundomar has to offer, without sacrificing safety.
These measures include:
- Masks must be worn when you can not safely distance yourself from others
- Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers at different strategic points in the park.
- Constant cleaning and disinfection of the entire facilities and new hygiene standards for customers and employees.
- The park will have markings on the pavement and in the waiting areas of attractions, shows, etc.
- Signage to delimit customer flow circuits and avoid contact between them.
- Promotion of payment through cashless / contactless to avoid physical contact
- An initial reduced capacity to guarantee compliance with all security measures.
- Online sales will be encouraged so as not to exceed the established capacity limits.
- Bracelets will be assigned so that customers can attend the demonstrations in different time zones following a colour code.
Tickets for Mundomar Benidorm can be purchased here - (When purchasing tickets due to covid19 restrictions please specify which day you wish to visit)
All about Mundomar
Mundomar is a theme park inhabited by aquatic animals such as dolphins, penguins and sea lions as well as tropical birds. As much as possible each species lives within an area closely resembling its natural habitat. A great day out for the children.
The dolphin show is the highlight of the day. There are two shows per day and each lasts for 30 minutes. There is a large amphitheater to watch the show from or alternatively it’s great to watch it from one of the underwater viewing points which provide a unique sight of these lovable creatures in action. Every show two children are selected to go in the boat that the dolphin pulls.
The sea lions and the seals also put on a humorous show that the kids love. The parrots on roller skates provide no end of entertainment though the person conducting the show is speaking Spanish so you won’t understand everything that’s going on.
There is also a show of exotic birds flying which is a very colourful display. All of these shows are on twice daily but times tend to vary from year to year so you should find out the times as soon as you get there.
As a lovely souvenir of the day you can have your photo taken with the dolphins, sea lions, parrots or the lemurs. Again there are set times for this which you will find when you get there.
Although a bit on the pricey side an amazing option is to swim with either the dolphins or the sea lions and this is something which you will not forget in a hurry. You get to spend 30 minutes with the dolphins or 40 minutes with the sea lions. While both experiences are wonderful I would highly recommend the dolphin encounter as we enjoyed it immensely. You should book this at least two days before you want to do it as it gets very booked up especially in the high season.
In summer the park can be very hot but there are usually men walking around with fine sprays of water to help you keep cool and you will often be sprayed during the shows which you will probably greatly appreciate.
Away from the birds and animals there’s a children’s park with plenty slides and other amusements and a selection of cafés and restaurants should provide a welcome break to the adult contingent. There are also plenty of open areas where you can sit and relax and even enjoy a picnic if you choose to bring one.
Many people do spend the whole day in Mundomar but this will probably depend on how many of the shows you watch and how old your children are. It is a good idea to get there quite early as the first of each of the two shows are often a bit better than the later ones. If you prefer to only spend a half day in the park then you may want to combine this with a visit to the Aqualandia water park which is just next door.
How To Get to Mundomar Benidorm
Mundomar is in the Rincón de Loix area behind the northern end of Playa Levante. There are buses the No 1 and No 11, but they tend to be packed with people going to the nearby Aqualandia so jump in a taxi to get there.
C/ Sierra Helada, s/n, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Alicante, Spain
+34 965 86 91 01 C/ Sierra Helada, s/n, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Mundomar Ticket Prices, Information & Opening Hours
September - Wed - Sunday 10.00 - 18.00
October - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st 10.00 - 18.00
November 1st 10.00 - 18.00
ADULT at the gate 31,00 € Benidorm Seriously on line price 25€
JUNIOR at the gate 25,00 € Benidorm Seriously on line price 21€
SENIOR at the gate 25,00 € Benidorm Seriously on line Price 21€
- Children 0 to 2 years: Free with an adult (from 01/07 to 30/09). School-age children paid from 3 years.
- Junior: From 3-12 years inclusive.
- Senior: Over 65 years.
- Group: Minimum 20 paying visitors by reservation. Reservation must be made at least 24 hours in advance.