New rules for the Valencian Community
New Rules for the Valencia Community - Alicante, Valencia and Castellón
17th April - Puig has announced that next week the Interdepartmental Bureau will meet to assess softening restrictions for bars, cafes and other establishments in this sector. Current measures are - Closing at 18.00 hours and capacity is limited to 30% inside the premises and 100% on the terraces with a maximum of 6 diners per table.
12th April - Facemasks on the beach The new resolution on the use of the mask has now been published. It is not mandatory for bathing in the sea, rivers or swimming pools, nor whilst resting.
8th April -Ximo Puig announces the new restrictions in the Valencian Community
Ximo Puig announces that two groups of cohabitants in homes will be allowed to meet and outdoors the limit goes from 4 to 6 people - The new measures will take effect next Monday and will be extended until April 25th.
The Valencian Community will expand social gatherings both in homes and outdoors from next Monday. This was stated by the 'president' of the Generalitat, Ximo Puig, who has appeared to announce the new measures in autonomy after Holy Week. Specifically, after the meeting of the Interdepartmental for Prevention and Action against covid-19 , it has been decided to extend most of the measures to stop the spread of the virus for 15 days with three modifications:
The capacity of the interior of establishments will remain up to 30% and the terraces at 100%. Also, the schedule continues to be maintained until 18 hours.
The new measures announced by Ximo Puig and the extension of those already in force will take effect next Monday until Sunday, April 25th. The Valencian Community will lift the autonomy perimeter before the state of alarm ends.
The Valencian Community will lift the perimeter closure by May 9th Ximo Puig has specified that there is only one month left of the mobility restriction.
2nd April - President of the Generalitat, Ximo Puig and the Interdepartmental Commission of the Consell will meet next Thursday, April 8th, to decide on the new framework of restrictions that will apply from April 12th.
Ximo Puig, guaranteed to relax the restrictions once The Holy Week/St. Vincent had finished, provided that the current epidemiological situation was consolidated.
Among the possible measures that the Consell will request is the use of the non-compulsory mask on the beach when the safety distance can be maintained.
15th March - Spanish government considers the possibility of extending the current state of alarm from its current proposed finish date of May 9th.
The idea is that it could remain until Spain reduces its national infection rate to below its target of a maximum of 50 cases per 100,000 people.
The state of alarm is the legal instrument that gives the autonomous regions the power to add or take away movement restrictions etc As reported in LP
11th March - Ximo Puig announces the reopening of the gyms and the interior of the bars with a third of the capacity
The 'president' of the Generalitat, Ximo Puig, has announced the reopening of gyms and sports centers and the expansion of capacity in bars and restaurants in the Valencian Community. The new measures will come into effect from next Monday, March 15th, and will be in effect until April 12th .
As for the hospitality industry, the head of the Consell has pointed out that the capacity in the terraces of bars and restaurants is increased to 100% . Likewise, the interior of these establishments is reopened with a third of the capacity and a maximum number of four people per table will be allowed. At the moment bar service is not allowed.
New Rules for the Valencia Community - Summary:
1. interiors of bars and restaurants can open at one third of total capacity. They can use 100% of their terrace space. There can only be four people per table, masks must be worn when not physically eating or drinking, guaranteed ventilation inside the premises, No bar service is permitted and closing time remains at 6:00 p.m.
2. Gyms, pavilions, sports centers, swimming pools and sports facilities Sports facilities (gyms, etc.) can open until 20:00 hours, at 30% capacity. The use of a face mask is mandatory.
3. Educational leisure resumed in groups of 10 and to a third of their capacity
4. The capacity is increased to a third for weddings and funerals with 20 people outdoors and 15 indoors
5. The use of face masks on beaches and in swimming pools has been clarified; it is mandatory except while bathing.
The following restrictions are maintained:
Curfew at 10 p.m until 6am.
Meetings of non-cohabitants in private homes is still prohibited - The measures preventing us from meeting other people at home (from different households) remains in place (with exceptions for single and dependent people)
Gatherings in the street or in enclosed areas are limited to a single household or a maximum of 4 people if they are not from the same household.
The perimeter closure of the Valencian Community is maintained
All other preventative measures surrounding COVID-19 such as mask wearing are also maintained.
Any further information will be added once the official paper is released.
Easter - Some information about Semana Santa 2021, Easter week dates: from Sunday 28th March - Sunday 4th April
The Ministry of Health and the autonomous community governments agree to prohibit movement between communities over Semana Santa (Easter Week). The plan has to be confirmed next week in the Interterritorial Council Meeting, but it already has the support of all parties
The measures to be approved are
No travel between Autonomous Communities unless for justified reasons
The curfew during those days will be from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m as per the current regulations
Social meetings, of a maximum of FOUR people, both indoors and outdoors
Mass events are prohibited
Nothing is yet mentioned about whether or not university students can travel between Autonomous Communities
These measures apply to ALL of Spain over Easter Week. Each Autonomous Community may change these measures but only to make them stricter, not to relax them. After Easter week each Autonomous Community will return to its “normal” measures.
New Rules for the Valencia Community
March 1st will be the start of the de-escalation in the Valencian Community . A key date for the hospitality industry given that all the terraces of the bars and restaurants , in the provinces of Alicante, Valencia and Castellón , may open to the public after more than a month closed.
The head of the Consell has stressed in his appearance that although "we are better, but we are still not well, so we have to go step by step". It has also announced six main actions for de-escalation, which are the following:
1. Social gatherings : increase to four people who can meet in public spaces. Gatherings in the street or in enclosed areas are limited to a single household or a maximum of 4 people if they are not from the same household.
2. The weekend confinement of municipalities with a population over 50,000 people is eliminated.
3. The hospitality sectors of Alicante, Valencia and Castellón - The inside of bars and restaurants are still closed, but terraces are allowed to open until 18:00 hours, with a maximum capacity of 75% and 4 people per table.
What is as considered ′′ outdoor terraces ", all uncovered space or all space that, being covered, is laterally surrounded by a maximum of two walls, walls or paraments.(a) In these outdoor terrace spaces you will see The following rules:
Outside the occupation of tables will be maximum 4 people per table or group of tables.
Closing time for these outdoor terrace establishments will be at 18.00 p.m.
The distance between tables in these establishments will be 1,5 on outdoor terraces.
Consumption will always be seated at a table.
Mask wearing will be necessary when not consuming.
Maximum permitted capacity must be visible at entry.
Only the establishment will be permitted to enter the interior area for exclusive use of the bathroom and only for a single person, except for justified causes for accompanying, which must be provided with a mask.
General and additional hygiene measures will be respected, collected respectively in points 2.1 and 2.2 and the 2.4. June Agreement of the Consell.
b) Not allowed in these ′′ outdoor terraces ′′ establishments:
The use of the bar.
Self service or buffet type services.
Can't use gambling machines etc.
4. Non essential stores may open until 8:00 p.m, with 50% capacity.
5. Sports restrictions: it is allowed to practice outdoors and in outdoor facilities of individual or couple activities without contact. Likewise, outdoor practices are allowed in groups of maximum 4 people per monitor and training sessions are allowed without the public. The closed pavilions, gyms and courts remain closed.
The use of a facemask is no longer compulsory for individual outdoor sports.
6. Parks and gardens are opened and places of worship expand their capacity up to 50%.
The following measures remain in force: the perimeter confinement of the entire Valencian Community; the curfew from 22:00 till 6:00 hours; the mandatory use of face masks on all beaches; and the prohibition of meetings of non-cohabitants in private homes.
the official report states
These new restrictions will remain in place for 14 days (12.59 14th March) and will be reviewed again.
Translation of the latest official BOE
New Rules for the Valencia Community please note this has been translated into English from the BOE so some detail may be slightly lost in this translation.
DECREE First. Limitation of the permanence of groups of people in public and private spaces and places of worship
1. In public spaces, both indoors and outdoors, do not Groups of more than four people may be formed, unless it is of cohabiting people and without prejudice to the exceptions provided in the following sections of this decree, as well as other provisions that are applicable.
2. In homes and spaces for private use, both indoors and outdoors, only family and social gatherings of people who belong to the same nucleus or coexistence group are allowed, without prejudice to the exceptions provided in the following sections of this decree, as well as in other applicable provisions.
3. They are excepted from the limitations established in the sections above the following situations:
a) Non-professional activities related to parenting and care, such as the care and accompaniment of people under age, elderly, dependent, with diversity functional or in a situation of special vulnerability.
b) The alternate coexistence of sons and daughters with their parents or parents not living together.
c) The foster care of minors in any of their types.
d) The meeting of people with a marriage or partner relationship who they live in different addresses. e) People who live alone, who may be incorporated, during the entire period of validity of the measure, to another single unit of coexistence, provided that in this unit of coexistence only one only person living alone.
4. Neither are work activities, institutional, transport activities included in the limitations set forth in sections 1 and 2. and those of the educational centers that impart the teachings to which it does reference article 3 of the Organic Law of Education, including the university education, nor those activities for which specific measures are established in the applicable regulations.
5. Staying in places of worship, for religious meetings, celebrations and gatherings, including wedding ceremonies or other specific religious celebrations, may not exceed 50% of its capacity, provided that the interpersonal distance respects a minimum of 1.5 meters. The maximum capacity will have to be published in a visible place space for worship and the general measures must be followed of safety and hygiene established by the health authorities.
New Rules for the Valencia Community
Second. Mobility limitations
1. The entry and exit of persons from the territory of the Comunitat Valenciana, except for those displacements, adequately justified that occur by any of the following reasons:
a) Assistance to health centers, services and establishments.
b) Compliance with labor, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations.
c) Attendance at university, teaching and educational centers, including nursery schools.
d) Return to the place of habitual or family residence.
e) Assistance and care of the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people
f) Travel to financial and insurance entities or stations of fuel supply in neighbouring territories.
g) Required or urgent actions before public bodies, judicial or notarial.
h) Renewals of permits and official documentation, as well as other administrative procedures that cannot be postponed.
i) Taking exams or official tests that cannot be postponed.
j) Displacements of athletes, coaches, judges or referees federated, to carry out federated sports activities of official competition, duly accredited by a sports license or federative certificate.
k) Due to force majeure or situation of need.
l) Any other activity of a similar nature, duly accredited. Traffic in transit will not be subject to any restriction Through the territorial areas in which the limitation provided for in this section is applicable.
2. Likewise, the freedom of movement of people at night is limited between 10 pm and 6 am throughout the territory of the Valencian Community, unless it is necessary to any of the following activities:
a) Acquisition of medicines, health products and other goods of first necesity.
b) Assistance to health centers, services and establishments. c) Assistance to veterinary care centers for urgent reasons.
d) Compliance with labor, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations. e) Return to the place of habitual residence after carrying out some of the activities provided in this section.
f) Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people.
g) Development of hunting activities linked to the control of the overabundance of game species that can cause damage to ecosystems, in the productive cycles of agriculture and livestock and in road safety.
h) Due to force majeure or situation of necessity.
i) Any other activity of a similar nature, duly accredited.
j) Refueling at gas stations or service stations, when necessary necessary to carry out the activities foreseen in paragraphs previous.
New Rules for the Valencia Community. All previous details have been deleted to avoid confusion