Health control Forms - Spain, UK, Ireland
Health Check Forms - UK to Spain
April 6th 2022 - In order to enter Spain, all passengers, regardless of their country of departure (except for children under 12 years of age and those in international transit), must present one of these documents:
See ENTRY INTO SPAIN FROM UK Please note this webpage has yet to be updated by the UK Gov.
- An EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE OR EU EQUIVALENT of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative certificate of a diagnostic test for active infection or a certificate of recovery after having passed this disease.
- SpTH QR. If you do NOT have an EU COVID Digital Certificate or EU equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Check Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recall or diagnostic test certificate.
The vaccination certificate with complete vaccination schedule for children under 18 has no expiry date.
If you have a EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE OR EU EQUIVALENT click here. DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE OR EU EQUIVALENT vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test or a certificate of recovery after passing the disease. You can check if your certificate is valid on the website https://spth.gob.es or in the Spain Travel Health app -SpTH- (Android, iOS, Huawei).
Upon arrival at the airport follow the signals indicating the ORANGE WAY
If you come from a third country (UK), you should first check if you can travel to Spain at the: Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries .
Passengers arriving in Spain by sea must also be in possession of one of the required health certificates (vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test), whether it is an EU CCD/EU Equivalent or another type, without being required to complete a health control form.
Recognition by the EU of COVID certificates issued by third (non-EU) countries
So far, 37 non-EU countries (and territories) have joined the EU Digital COVID Certificate system this includes United Kingdom and the Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man)
The EU Digital COVID Certificate contains a QR code with a digital signature to protect it against falsificatio. When the certificate is checked, the QR code is scanned and the signature verified.
Health control forms
To travel to Spain if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form.
On the homepage you can find more information about the vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test DCCs that are valid for travelling to Spain.
By clicking here: here you can consult the countries that have an EU equivalent certificate.
People in transit and children under the age of 12 do not have to show DCC or SPTH QR.
You will have to show the DCC prior to boarding and when passing the health controls, please follow the indications that you will see upon arrival at the airport.
For more information on the health requirements necessary to pass health controls at the airport of arrival in Spain, please click on this link: link.
QR SPTH . If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU equivalent, you must fill in the SPTH Health Control Form manually entering the data of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate through the website https://spth.gob.es or the Spain Travel Health application -SpTH- (Android, iOS, Huawei). The system will send you a QR code that you will have to present both prior boarding, and upon your arrival in Spain. In the health control, you may be required to present this document certifying vaccination, diagnostic test or recovery.
Upon arrival at the airport follow the signals indicating the BLUE WAY
Before the trip
You must fill in the entire Form on the website or app. You can send the form to the health authorities from 72 HOURS before the flight. Once sent, you will receive an email with a QR code that you will have to show during boarding and when passing through the health control at the destination airport. It should be printed out or on your mobile phone.
Health control forms
What do I need to carry in order to board and pass the health control at the airport?
In order to enter Spain, all passengers, regardless of the country of origin (except children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit), must show one of these documents:
- An EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE OR EU EQUIVALENT of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test or a recovery certificate after having this disease.
- SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.
EXCEPTION: There is currently no list of risk countries/territories or areas. In the event that the epidemiological situation of a country/territory or area worsens in a manner that is concerning, it may be declared HIGH RISK. In this case, exceptional health control measures will be applied to passengers coming from these countries and, in order to pass the health controls upon arrival in Spain, it will be mandatory that they show their SpTH QR code together with a vaccination or recovery certificate and, in addition, a SARS-CoV-2 active infection diagnostic test (AIDT) certificate with negative result.
You can consult the list of high-risk countries/areas in this link RISK/HIGH RISK COUNTRIES/AREAS.
For more information on the entry requirements for Spain, from third countries, please visit this link.
What is an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent and what is its validity?
An EU digital COVID certificate (DCC) or EU equivalent is a digital certification issued by the competent authorities of EU countries, and third countries/territories that have joined the DCC system, that a person:
- has been vaccinated against COVID-19, with a complete schedule or booster dose. In the case of a complete vaccination schedule, you should check the validity periods: this certificate will be valid from 14 days after the administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule and will be valid up to 270 days from the administration of this last dose. The vaccination certificate with complete schedule for children under 18 has no expiry date.
Thereafter, in order to be valid (people aged 18 and over), the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered.
- a diagnostic test (sample collection) has been performed within 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / 24 hours for RAT (rapid antigen test), the result of which has been negative.
- a person is considered to have recovered from COVID-19, after the disease has passed, provided that more than 11 days have elapsed since the first positive NAAT or RAT was performed, and this recovery shall be valid for 180 days thereafter.
For more information on the certificate and third countries/territories that have joined the EU DCC system, please visit this link website of the European Union (EU).
Who has to fill out the Health Control Form?
All people who enter Spain from other countries, who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent. Children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit do not have to show a certificate or SpTH QR.
Each form is personal and non-transferable, and is associated with a single trip.
In case the passenger is a minor, or a dependant/disabled person, the form can be completed by their guardian, who will be responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Address details for Benidorm
Region/autonomos City Comunitat Valencia
Province - Alicante/Alacant
City/Town - Benidorm
Zip code, this is the post code and will be 5 numbers ie new town 03503
Health control forms
SPAIN TO UK
When you travel to England from abroad you:
- do not need to take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive
- do not need to fill in a UK passenger locator form
- do not need to quarantine when you arrive
The information above is provided by both the Spanish and British Gov.