Protecting Your Valuables on the Beach
1. Leave all valuables such as jewelry and expensive cameras in your hotel safe.
2. Only take one credit card, your photo copied I.D and the amount of cash you will need for the day.
3. Try not to leave your belongings unattended on in plain sight on the beach or in your car. If you leave things in the car put them in boot out of sight.
4. If you are going to the beach on your own, consider purchasing a waterproof pouch for your phone and case that you can take swimming with you, test it at home first though.
5. When you are going for a walk on the beach or a dip in the sea and dont want to bring everything with you , try this, clean out an empty sunscreen bottle and stow your keys, money and phone inside, just make sure you do not use a see through bottle.
6. If you carry a beach bag or backpack, use one that´s understated and does not look designer or expensive.
7. Another tip for hiding your belongs, take a clean disposable nappy with you and wrap your things up in that to make it look like a used nappy.
8. Use common sense and trust your gut instincts, is something does not look or feel right it probably isn't.
For lots more advice about keeping both yourself and your possessions safe read this page.
For a list of emergency numbers click HERE