Avd Mediterraneo 25 (local (8)
0034 966 80 5388

Category: Paperwork required to live and work in Spain

Living or moving to Spain, Official Guidance

Living in Spain Official information British people moving to or living in Spain need to know, including guidance on Brexit, residency, passports and healthcare. All information is provided by the gov.uk. Last updated 29 August 2019 This page tells you what to do ahead of the UK leaving the EU. It will be updated if anything changes, including…
Read more

The Spanish Health Care System

The Spanish Healthcare System You need to make sure you are correctly registered for healthcare as a resident in Spain. You can read the NHS’s guidance on who is able to access healthcare in Spain and how to register. If you are resident in Spain, you should not be using a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from…
Read more

Changing your UK Driving Licence to a Spanish Licence

Changing your UK Driving Licence to a Spanish Licence There is a lot of debate about this subject and so much conflicting information around. Updates November 2019  The special measures put in place by the Spanish Department of Transport for UK nationals to exchange their driving licence have now been extended, so that the deadline to…
Read more

How to Apply for Residencia

How to Apply for  Residencia 23rd October – Important updates There are NO longer appointment in Benidorm even for all of those who have online appointments booked.  All appointments are now in ALICANTE. The consulate are hopefully looking into the matter.  This as you can imagine is causing even more frustration and outrage. If you…
Read more

Residencia – All your questions answered

Residencia All your questions answered For details on how to apply and fill in the forms etc 3rd April IMPORTANT UPDATES Residency and visas You must register as a Spanish resident if you want to stay in Spain for more than 3 months. You will get a green A4 certificate or credit card-sized piece of paper from…
Read more

How to apply for your NIE Number

HOW TO GET YOUR N.I.E NUMBER INFORMATION CORRECT AS OF December 2018 – Please note that these instructions may vary if you are in a different area of Spain. NOTE – People are now being asked to make appointments for Residencia where your NIE number will be given to you at the same time. Appointments…
Read more

How To – Register for Autonomo

How To – Register for Autonomo What is Autonomo? Autonomo status is the Spanish equivalent of self-employed or freelance and in addition covers people operating (unincorporated) small businesses. Anyone engaged in any of these activities is obliged to legalise them with respect to registration, paying the taxes and charging IVA (VAT). Autonomo will set you…
Read more

How to – Apply for your Spanish Social Security Number

How to – Apply for your Spanish Social Security Number Why do I need it? Every person who works for a registered company or is self-employed in Spain is required to have a Social Security Number, called anúmero de afiliación de la Seguridad Social. Social Security is generally paid for by an employer. This number…
Read more

How to get your Padron

What is a “Certificado de Empadronamiento”? The Empadronamiento, also known as the Padrón Municipal de Habitantes, is a municipal register or census record, similar to an electoral roll. To register on the Padrón is to “empadronarse“. Registering on the empadronamiento places a resident of a town on the list of local inhabitants. Registration with the Padrón Municipal de Habitantes is obligatory for anyone planning…
Read more