UK Passport entry requirements to Spain

What happens in Benidorm happens here

UK Passport entry requirements to Spain

UK Passport entry requirements to Spain

This information is for travellers using a full ‘British Citizen’ passport.

The authorities in the country or territory you’re travelling to are responsible for setting and enforcing the rules for entry. If you’re unclear about any aspect of the entry requirements, or you need further reassurance, you’ll need to contact the embassy, high commission or consulate of the country or territory you’re travelling to.

You should also consider checking with your transport provider or travel company to make sure your passport and other travel documents meet their requirements.


If your passport describes you as a British Citizen or a British Subject with Right of Abode in the United Kingdom, you don’t need a visa to enter Spain. If you have another type of British nationality, you should check entry requirements with their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.

Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this. This applies to the whole of Spain, including the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands (Majorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera).

Things may change due to BREXIT

BRITS with less than six months left on their passports could be banned from travelling to Europe after Brexit, the Government fears.

More bad news if a N0 Deal Brexit is announced -Leaked documents reveal that if we leave the EU with No Deal, thousands of British holidaymakers could be kept away from the continent. continue reading here

Staying for longer than 3 months

If you’re planning to stay in Spain for longer than 3 months you must register in person at the nearest Office for Foreigners (Oficina de Extranjeros) (RESIDENCIA) which is normally part of the Town Hall (Ayuntamiento), or at designated Police stations-

UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK ETDs are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Spain.

What to do is your Passport is lost or stolen whilst on holiday

Renewing your passport on line 



Search the Business Directory

Yes No