CABIN BAG SIZES GUIDE
Note these may change, always check with the airlines terms and conditions
From 6th September 2017:
– The check-in bag fee was cut from €/£35 to €/£25 for all bags
– The check-in bag allowance increased from 15kg to 20kg for all bags
New cabin bag regulations – from 15th January 2018
From the 15th January 2018, if you have not purchased Priority Booking or a Plus/Flexi Plus ticket you can still take 2 pieces of cabin baggage, however your 10kg cabin bag will be tagged at the boarding gate and placed in the hold at no additional charge. You will be able to take your smaller bag into the cabin.
Priority Boarding costs €5 if purchased at the time of the initial flight booking. If added via the manage my booking facility on our website, or via the Ryanair app (up to 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time) the fee is €6.
* A baby bag up to 5kg may be carried by the accompanying adult in addition to their own cabin bag allowance when an infant (aged 8 days to 23 months) is travelling on an adult’s lap.
Smaller musical items such as a cello, guitar, violin or viola which exceed our cabin baggage dimensions may be carried in the cabin if a seat for it has been reserved and the appropriate fare paid. There is no checked or cabin baggage allowance associated with the purchase of an extra seat.
To book an extra seat for an item the word “ITEM SEAT” must be entered as the surname and “EXTRA” must be entered at the first name. EXTRA ITEM SEAT will then be displayed on the reservation and online boarding pass. The accompanying passenger’s travel document details must be entered during the online check- in process. Spanish Resident and Large Family Discount is not applicable on EXTRA seats.
Reserved seating in emergency rows 1,16 and 17 may not be purchased if you have purchased an extra seat for item/comfort/broken leg.
Ryanair has announced the following bag policy changes on all flights:
All customers can take ONE cabin bag on board. There’s no weight limit but we do ask that you are able to lift it into the overhead locker.
You can bring an ADDITIONAL under seat bag if you’re an easyJet Plus cardholder, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customer, or if you’re travelling with an infant (under 2) on your lap.
Cabin bag allowance
Maximum size: 56cm x 45cm x 25cm, including handles and wheels
A bag you store in the overhead lockers (or if it’s small enough under the seat in front of you).
If the lockers are full, and your bag is the correct size, we’ll put it into the aircraft hold for free.
Additional under seat bag
Maximum size: 45cm x 36cm x 20cm.
For easyJet Plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customers only.
A smaller bag, like a laptop bag or handbag that you store under the seat in front of you.
Additional cabin items
As well as your cabin bag, you’re allowed to bring some extra things into the cabin. e.g. umbrella, overcoat, crutches, walking stick, one standard shopping bag of duty free goods bought at the airport
EASY JET HANDS FREE – 5 pounds per person each way or 12 pounds for a family bundle
How it works:
- Drop off your cabin bag at our Bag Drop desks when you arrive at the airport where your cabin bag will be tagged as priority and will be looked after through to the arrival airport.
- Maximum bag size (length + width + height) = 56cm x 45cm x 25 cm, including handles and wheels.
- Prices: £4 per person each way/ £10 for a group bundle each way. We take card payments at our Bag Drop desks. Any cash payments are processed at our Customer Service desk.
- You can carry a small under the seat laptop or hand bag on board with you.
- Duty free items purchased in the airport can be taken on board.
- A small plastic bag will be given to you at Bag Drop to place any valuable & essential items for your flight.
- Pass through security without having to unpack your bag or be restricted on the amount of liquids.
- At the Boarding gate there is no rush to board to find a space for your cabin bag however you can board first after Speedy Boarding by presenting your Hands Free tag to our ground crew.
- At Arrivals your bag will be among the first to be delivered the baggage belt.
You may carry on board one piece of unchecked cabin baggage free of charge which must be no more than 10kg in weight and no larger than 56cmx45cmx25cm, including all wheels and handles. Should your cabin baggage be larger than these dimensions or weigh in excess of 10kg, you must check this in as hold baggage for which there will be an additional charge which you must pay. You may also be permitted to bring an additional, small item of cabin baggage on board (such as a handbag, laptop bag or airport purchase) provided that such items can be reasonably carried on board, either in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. These items are carried in the cabin subject to our discretion and applicable operational requirements. Any alcohol brought on board by you must not be consumed during the flight. With all hand/cabin baggage (including airport purchases) we reserve the right to require that it must be stored in the aircraft hold due to operational requirements (in which case there will be no charge unless it exceeds the size or weight requirements referred to above). In such circumstances you must ensure that all valuable items are removed and kept with you in the cabin.
You can take 1 piece of hand baggage weighing up to 5kg and with maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm on a Thomson Airways flight. On some holidays you’re allowed 7kg – this will be clearly shown whilst you’re booking if it applies. Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand baggage. You must be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. You can bring a Trunki case as hand luggage, as long as it weighs less than 5kg.
Your hand luggage is what you can take on the plane with you, providing it does not weigh more than 10 kg and is no larger than 55x40x20 cm.
You can also carry a smaller bag or case (max. 35x20x20), which must be stored under the seat in front.
All customers travelling on Thomas Cook Airlines flights, receive a complementary hand baggage allowance of 6kgs. This cannot exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size, packed within one bag only.
In addition to the above, customers can choose 1 item from the list below, to be carried as an extra piece of hand baggage.
Hand baggage cannot be combined together with other passengers or with any hold baggage.
• 1 laptop
• 1 overcoat or 1 blanket
• 1 small lady´s handbag or 1 small wrist-bag or 1 small bag with shoulder strap
one FREE piece of carry-on baggage which must meet the following expectations:
- Maximum weight: 10 kg
- Dimensions: 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. It is important that you do not leave home without measuring and weighing your luggage, because, doing so, you make sure that your baggage will fit in the cabin storage area
One carry-on bag included
- You can always bring one carry-on bag in the cabin free of charge.
- You can also bring one small personal item on board. This could be a little handbag or a slim laptop case that fits comfortably under the seat in front of you.
- Your ticket type will determine how heavy your hand baggage can be.
Size and weight limits
LowFare, Lowfare+, Premium
- 1 carry-on bag: max. 55x40x23 cm
- 1 small personal item: max. 25x33x20 cm
- Max. combined weight: 10 kg
- 1 carry-on bag: max. 55x40x23 cm
- 1 small personal item: max. 25x33x20 cm
- Max. combined weight: 15 kg
For regulations as to what you can take in your hand luggage click HERE