Avd Mediterraneo 25 (local (8)
0034 966 80 5388

How to – Make a complaint regarding the police.

How to – Make a complaint regarding the police.

How to make a complaint regarding the police.

Letters of complaint regarding the conduct of the National Police can be addressed to the Head of Police (Comisario Jefe Provincial) of the National Police Provincial Headquarters (Comisaría Provincial) under whose jurisdiction the police station falls.

The address for the Alicante Province National Police Headquarters under which jurisdiction the Benidorm National Police station falls is the following:

Comisaría Provincial de Alicante – Cuerpo Nacional de Policía

calle Isabel la Católica, 25

03007 Alicante


Complaints can also be submitted on line at the website of the Spanish Ministry of Home Affairs (Ministerio del Interior)  (click on the ‘Formulario de Quejas y Sugerencias’).

If you wish to submit a complaint in person, feedback/complaint forms (Impresos del Libro de Quejas y Sugerencias) are available at all police stations.

Alternatively, any mistreatment by the police can be reported directly to the court which has jurisdiction over the place of detention.

The details for the courts in Benidorm are as follows:

Juzgados de Benidorm

Passeig Dels Tolls, 2

03502 Benidorm



Furthermore, should any reply from the above authorities not meet with your satisfaction, you might wish to consider contacting the National Ombudsman (Defensor del Pueblo), whose contact details are as follows:

Defensor del Pueblo

calle Zurbano, 42

28010 Madrid


tel: 900 101 025 / (0034) 91 432 79 00

fax: (0034) 91 308 1158

e-mail: registro@defensordelpueblo.es

You can also visit http://www.defensordelpueblo.es and click on the version in English for instructions on how to submit a complaint.

We would suggest that the letter of complaint includes clear details of allegations (such as date, location, circumstances and details of the incident). When available, the report should include any relevant medical reports, photographs and witness statements if available.

We would also advise that you consider making your concerns known to your lawyer, who may be able to make representations on your behalf. In case you wish to consult an independent lawyer.

This information is direct for the British Consulate in Alicante


Leave a Reply

1 Comment threads
1 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
Tracy AnnChristine Tyrer Recent comment authors

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Christine Tyrer
Christine Tyrer

I want to make a serious complaint about the police in benidorm but I cant find out how to do it in English any help would be appreciated

Tracy Ann

All forms to be completed will be in Spanish use this link, if on a computer right click to translate in English https://www.defensordelpueblo.es/tu-queja/01-description/